PDA

View Full Version : 2022/2023 Nominations to fill Committee Vacancies

Administrator
12th November 2022, 06:25 PM
Hello GAGB Members:

Nominations for the GAGB Committee for 2022/2023 took place between Monday 7 November and Friday 11 November. By the close of nominations, two candidates accepted and were elected onto the 2022/2023 GAGB Committee - in order of acceptance, Border Caz (Caz Turver) and Griff Grof (Arthur Griffiths).

However, there are still SIX vacancies on the 2022/2023 committee which need to be filled. Clause G(3) of the GAGB Constitution states: “If the Executive Committee should drop below five members (including co-opted), the vacant posts shall be put to the members for election.”

As the 2022/2023 committee will currently have under five members when the term of office begins on December 1st, an election will therefore be held to fill the vacancies. The incumbent 2021/2022 committee members have approved for this election to be held prior to December 1st. This will only go to ballot if seven or more candidates accept their nomination.

Nominations for candidates to fill the SIX vacancies on the committee will be accepted between 00:00 Sunday 13 November and 23:59 Tuesday 22 November. All GAGB active members at the start of nominations are eligible to nominate another member or second a nomination. Members who have been nominated and seconded are asked to accept or decline their nomination in this thread. Please note that the GAGB Constitution states that " 6c. Current Executive Members and the Chair shall not take part in nominations, however they may be nominated and may accept the nomination."

This means none of the current Committee members (serving on the 2021/2022 committee) may make a nomination or second a nomination. However, non-Committee members may nominate a standing Committee member or second the Committee member's nomination. The GAGB Constitution also states that any inactive member ( a member that has not logged on to the forums for the past three years) may be nominated, but they will not be put forward to election unless they accept their nomination before the acceptance deadline of 23:59 Wednesday 23 November.

This thread will be closed at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.

Candidates to fill the six vacancies are requested to send their manifesto, photo (passport style, I can crop the photo for you if you need help) and geocaching avatar ( if you have one) to me, Patricia Elkins ( MsPatt ), GAGB Independent Returning Officer (Mspatt1027@gmail.com) by, 23:59 Wednesday 23 November .

After the nomination period closes, if there are more than six candidates, nominee manifestos, photos, and avatars will be posted in a locked thread as well as on the ballot so you may about why each candidate is standing for election and the skills they bring if elected.

If there are more than six candidates, the Election for the Committee will be held during, 00:00 Friday 25 November - 23:59 Monday 28 November, by SurveyHero electronic ballot. More information about the annual elections can be found in the GAGB Constitution (Section Q)

In the meantime, it is important that you work with your internet provider (ISP) and set your e-mail filters to white list e-mails coming from gagb.org and surveyhero.com domains so you can receive election news and the link to your ballot.

At your service,

Patricia Elkins/ MsPatt
GAGB Returning Officer

Grahamthegray
13th November 2022, 06:53 PM
I nominate the following person to the committee BaldBenny, Benjamin Weald please

Antreid
13th November 2022, 07:05 PM
I'd like to nominate BaldBenny (Ben Weald) for the committee, please.

Good luck!

Ant (of Sharant)

Sharon - Sharant
13th November 2022, 08:00 PM
I'd like to nominate mxharris (Claire Harris) to return to the committee please. She'd be especially good as the new Seeker editor!

As George Hall (CromScout) is a regional rep and might like to be a committee member, then I would also like to nominate George.

Paul Bevan (big eddie) is also a regional rep and has been a fantastic event host for GAGB. I think Paul will bring excellent skills to the committee, so I would also like to nominate Paul.

Baldbenny
14th November 2022, 08:06 AM
I'd like to thank Sharat and Graham the grey for the nominations and and happily accept.

susietirzah
14th November 2022, 01:31 PM
I’d like to nominate Stoke Bunnies (Chris Warren) to he Glad manager

big eddie
14th November 2022, 05:38 PM
I would like to 2nd the nomination for Chris Warren (Stoke bunnies)

Bear and Ragged
14th November 2022, 09:32 PM
I'd like to nominate mxharris (Claire Harris) to return to the committee please. She'd be especially good as the new Seeker editor!

As George Hall (CromScout) is a regional rep and might like to be a committee member, then I would also like to nominate George.

Paul Bevan (big eddie) is also a regional rep and has been a fantastic event host for GAGB. I think Paul will bring excellent skills to the committee, so I would also like to nominate Paul.

Happy to second any/all of the above! (If they wish to accept! :joyous: )

Administrator
15th November 2022, 06:43 PM
The following is the current status of candidates standing for election:

Ben Weald (Baldbenny) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Claire Harris (mxharris) - nominated, seconded
George Hall (CromScout) - nominated, seconded
Paul Bevan (big eddie) - nominated, seconded
Chris Warren (Stoke Bunnies) - nominated, seconded

Members have until 23:59 on Tuesday 22nd November to nominate someone, and nominees have until 23:59 on Wednesday 23rd November to accept or decline their nomination.

Stoke Bunnies
17th November 2022, 07:08 AM
Chris Warren (Stoke Bunnies) accepts the Nomination for GLAD Manager

BaCas
17th November 2022, 11:52 AM
I second mxharris (Claire Harris)

BaCas
17th November 2022, 11:54 AM
I nominate Aliherts for the committee

Stoke Bunnies
17th November 2022, 04:02 PM
Chris Warren (Stoke Bunnies) accepts the Nomination for GLAD Manager

I have also emailed MsPatt with images and a short manifesto.

Chris W

border caz
17th November 2022, 04:23 PM
I nominate Aliherts for the committee

Would that be Abiherts?

BaCas
18th November 2022, 04:41 PM
I nominate abiherts for the 5th time

Not aliherts typo error

Sharon - Sharant
19th November 2022, 10:49 AM
I second abiherts

Mxharris
19th November 2022, 09:42 PM
Sorry it's been a difficult week and I've just seen this. I am happy to stand again. I am working on some systems for the DoE students and I'd really like to see it through.

Administrator
20th November 2022, 09:38 AM
The following is the current status of candidates standing for election:

Ben Weald (Baldbenny) - nominated, seconded, accepted
Chris Warren (Stoke Bunnies) - nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo
Claire Harris (mxharris) - nominated, seconded, accepted

George Hall (CromScout) - nominated, seconded
Paul Bevan (big eddie) - nominated, seconded, Accepted, Photo,
Abigail Hamilton-Thompson (abiherts) - nominated, seconded, Accepted

Members have until 23:59 on Tuesday 22nd November to nominate someone, and nominees have until 23:59 on Wednesday 23rd November to accept or decline their nomination.

abiherts
21st November 2022, 02:04 PM
I accept, will send manifesto shortly.

big eddie
22nd November 2022, 04:20 PM
I accept, will send manifesto

Patricia Elkins
24th November 2022, 03:00 PM
The nominating period for 2022- 2023 GAGB Committee Members is now closed.
At the close of nominations for committee members and subsequently to fill the six vacancies, the following is the Final status:

Caz Turver ( Border Caz ) - nominated, seconded, accepted ,manifesto, photo
Arthur Griffiths ( Griff Grof ) - nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto , photo
Ben Weald ( BaldBenny ) - nominated , seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo
Clair Harris ( mxharris ) - nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo
Paul Bevan ( big eddie ) - nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo
Chris Warren ( Stoke Bunnies ) - nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo
Abigail Hamiton-Thompson ( Abihets ) nominated, seconded, accepted, manifesto, photo

Alex Buswell ( mmmpizza ) - nominated, seconded, declined

George Hall ( CromScout ) - nominated, seconded (no response)

Of the nine nominations received , seven were accepted, one declined, and one did not respond. As under eight nominations were accepted for committee members and under seven for the vacancies, there is no need to go to ballot.

Many Thanks to Everyone who participated in the process to select the next Committee!

Griff Grof
24th November 2022, 09:18 PM
Congratulations to all. I'd like to publicly say a big THANK YOU to Patricia Elkins/MsPatt for serving as our Independent Returning Officer. Your time and efforts are much appreciated! :joyous: