PDA

View Full Version : 2023/2024 Nominations for GAGB Chair

Patricia Elkins
31st October 2023, 09:27 PM
Hello GAGB Members:

The nomination period for the position of GAGB Chair for 2023/2024 (two-year term) is now
open.
Nominations will be accepted from 0:01 Wednesday 1st November through to 23:59 Sunday,
5th November 2023 (5 days).

All GAGB Association members (Founder, Friends & Individual Members) who joined before 1st
October 2023, are eligible to stand, nominate another member or second a nomination.
Members who have been nominated and seconded are asked to accept or decline their
nomination in this thread.

Please note that the GAGB Constitution states that "Current Executive Members and the Chair
shall not take part in nominations, however they may be nominated and may accept the
nominations."

This means none of the current Committee members may make a nomination or second a
nomination. However, non-Committee members may nominate a standing Committee member
or second the Committee member's nomination.

Also, any inactive member (a member that has not logged on to the forums for the past three
years) cannot be nominated, but if they become active by logging in prior to 1 October before
an election they may vote.

This thread will be closed at the end of the nominations period and anyone who has not been
seconded and accepted during this period will not be considered as a candidate for election.
Candidates for the Chair position are requested to send their manifesto, photo (passport style),
and geocaching avatar (if they have one) to Patricia Elkins ( MsPatt ), GAGB Independent
Returning Officer (mspatt1027@gmail.com), by midnight, Monday 6th November 2023.
The Election for Chair will be held during Saturday 11th November to Tuesday 14th November
2023 (4 days). This year's ballot will be hosted on surveyhero.com rather than
surveymonkey.com.

After the nomination period has closed nominee manifestos, photos, and avatars will be posted
in a locked ‘Candidates for 2023/2024 Chair Elections’ thread as well as on the ballot so you
may read about why each candidate is standing for election and the skills they would bring to
the Committee if elected.

A "Chair Candidates (2023/2024) - Q&A" thread will be opened during the week leading up to
the election where members may ask the candidates about their GAGB goals.
In the meantime, it is important that you work with your internet service provider (ISP) to white
list e-mails coming from the gagb.org.uk, gagb.org.uk, gmail.com and surveyhero.com
(which replaces surveymonkey.com for the ballot) domains so you can receive election news and ballots.

At your service,
MsPatt
Patricia Elkins
MsPatt1027@gmail.com
GAGB Independent Returning Officer

Maple Leaf
1st November 2023, 06:49 PM
I would like to put forward two nominations as I would be happy to see either of them as Chair of GAGB for the next two years.

1) Chris Carpenter (Saza36) - the current Chair

2) Arthur Griffiths (Griff Grof) - the current Secretary (and previous Chair)

geocaching womble
4th November 2023, 05:34 PM
I will second Griff Grof for chair,
He has a great deal of experience and I look forward to his plans for the future,

Patricia Elkins
5th November 2023, 12:28 AM
The following is the current status of candidates for election.

Chris Carpenter ( Saza36 ) - Nominated,

Artur Griffiths ( Griff Grof ) - Nominated, seconded,

Please do not hesitate to let me know if i missed a post, or a status is incorrect.

Griff Grof
5th November 2023, 01:04 PM
Many thanks to Maple Leaf and geocaching womble for nominating and seconding me.

I am honoured to accept the nomination.

Patricia Elkins
5th November 2023, 09:27 PM
The nomination period for the 2023/2024 GAGB Chair election ends tonight at 23:59.

Chris Carpenter ( Saza36 ) - nominated
Arthur Griffiths ( Griff Grof ) - nominated, seconded, accepted

Patricia Elkins
6th November 2023, 07:13 AM
The nomination period for GAGB Chair has now concluded. There were two nominations, but Arthur Griffiths (Griff Grof) was the only candidate to be seconded and accept a nomination.

Because Arthur is standing unopposed, the election for Chair will not go to ballot.

Stay tuned for news in a new thread regarding the nominations for the 2023/24 GAGB Committee, which will open on Wednesday 15 November 2023.

There are positions for eight Committee Members (one year terms), so please give serious consideration to whether you can spare a few hours a month to support geocaching at a higher level as a member of the GAGB Committee.