Thanks Thanks:  8

Thread: National series - the list

Default National series - the list

I found this list incredibly useful, put together by Geo Jaxx. It was a response to my post on Facebook in the "UK & Ireland GC Reviewers & Community Tea Bar" group.

"If it helps with your list, I run a bookmark list with the first of each national series. If you open it on the website, you can view the contact details for each coordinator. However, I don’t think this shows on a phone, as Groundspeak seems to have removed it and condensed the list."

https://www.geocaching.com/plan/lists/BM2FQ37 "

I thought I had seen something similar on the GAGB website, but another look seems to elude me!

If not already existing; links to the various UK series websites would be a handy thing to have on the links page perhaps: https://www.gagb.org.uk/useful-links.php#gsc.tab=0 under a new heading of "National Series" to link to any websites (if there is one), Facebook Groups and bookmark lists potentially?

The links page does already list things like Church Micro Stats & Bookmark lists so it seems strange not to provide links to other series.

Good idea, I agree. Wold we need to ask permission from each Series owner to implement this?
    GAGB Member since 2009
    UK Mega West Mids Committee - Treasurer 2011 - 2013
    GAGB Committee - Treasurer 2016 -

I agree GAGB should have this. It helps us being a one stop shop for things

Excellent idea, many thanks for the suggestion.
    GAGB Chair
    Chair 2020-2021 & 2023-
    Vice Chair 2019-2020
    Committee Member since 2015
    Member since 2012

We wouldn't need permission as its a reference - different internet rules but would be a nice gesture to ask! But agree would be good this was one of the things I had in mind which we should update on the references section of the website which has a lot of out of date resources
    GAGB Secretary (2023-2024)
    Seeker Editor and Publisher (2023)

Permission won't need to be sought, as you are linking to another website, but it may be an idea to give the series owner the heads-up that a link has been added and if they prefer not to show then a simple enough task to remove the link.

Where YOSM, SideTracked and Village Signs are concerned, I would be more than happy to add a reciprocating link to GAGB in the You may also be interested in.... links at the footer of each page which scrolls between other series links. You'd have to ask Matt, AFP / Ken, WM / Stan, LB if they would be happy for me to adjust the links on the footer of their relevant sites though, or I can ask on your behalf?
    Last edited by bus.stop; Yesterday at 12:17 AM.