GAGB Election Dates (2020/21)
Posted by: Griff Grof on 2nd Oct 2020
All GAGB members are eligible, and encouraged, to participate (stand, nominate or vote). As long as you are an ‘active’ member (interacted with us at some point in the last three years) you will receive a ballot to your registered email. Inactive members can request one even after that. More details & rules are on the forum and the GAGB website.
This year there are two elections one for GAGB Chair and a second election for the eight Committee Member posts. Each candidate needs to receive two nominations from active members and in the proper GAGB forum to be valid, and the nominee must ‘accept’ the nomination by the due date.
The Chair post is for two years and the Committee Member posts are for one year.
Chair Elections (2-year term)
- Nominations for Chair open: Monday 2nd November 2020
- Close of nominations for Chair: Friday 6th November 2020 (5 days)
- Acceptance & Manifesto in forum by end of day Saturday November 7th 2020
- Q&A for Chair Sunday 8th November 2020 - Wednesday 11th November 2020 (4 days)
- Election for Chair: Thursday 12th November 2020 – Sunday 15th November 2020 (4 days)
Committee Elections (8 vacancies, 1-year term)
- Nominations for Committee open: Monday 16th November 2020
- Close of nominations for Committee: Friday 20th November 2020 (5 days)
- Acceptance & Manifesto in forum by end of day Saturday November 21st 2020
- Q&A for Committee Sunday 22nd November 2020 - Wednesday 25th November 2020 (4 days)
- Election of Committee: Thursday 26th November 2020 – Sunday 29th November 2020 (4 days)
The new committee will start on Tuesday 1st December 2020